Martha E. Rogers (MER) Scholarship Application for 2018
- Research or clinical practice project in process based in Rogers’ Science of Unitary Human Beings (SUHB)
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 or above if in an academic program
- Society of Rogerian Scholars (SRS) membership (SRS membership form is available on the SRS website www.societyofrogerianscholars.org.
- Two letters of reference that address the applicant’s:
- Achievements in academics or clinical practice
- Commitment to nursing
HOW TO APPLY
- Download a scholarship application from the SRS website www.societyofrogerianscholars.org.
- Complete the application
- Obtain two letters of reference.
- Write a single-spaced two to three-page (excluding references) description of your research or clinical practice project addressing the following topics:
a. Identify your research question or practice application. Briefly describe your
Rogerian science-based framework or perspective and show how the
question flows from this framework or perspective.
b. If a quantitative study, give the theoretical and operational definitions of
your variables. Identify how the variables fit the theoretical framework in
actual or potential propositional statements. If you have one or more
hypotheses, include in your discussion. Identify the design.
c. If a qualitative study, briefly describe the genesis of your phenomenon from
a Rogerian perspective. Identify the design.
d. If a practice project, briefly describe your Rogerian-based nursing focus and projected overall contribution/relevance to well-being of persons and environment. Briefly describe an evaluation plan.
e. Briefly describe potential significance/relevance of your work to facilitating ongoing development of Rogerian nursing science.
f. Cite relevant Rogerian science-based literature throughout and document in your reference list.
- Deadline: Submit your completed application to the Fund by March 1, 2018.
- Applications accepted by electronic mail to Dr. Violet Malinski, Scholarship Review Committee Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Scholarship Review Committee performs blind reviews of all accepted applications and may select up to three (3) awardees.
- The Society of Rogerian Scholars Martha E. Rogers Scholars Fund Board of Directors will select the scholarship award recipients.
- Up to three (3) $1,000 Martha E. Rogers Scholarships may be awarded.
- The scholarship will be awarded upon the receipt of the recipient’s Social Security number and evidence of Institutional Review Board approval for research study submissions.
- March 1, 2018 – Deadline for Applications to be submitted to The Fund
- April 15, 2018 – Award notices will be sent to the Award Applicants.